Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Simple, Perfect One Batch of Cookies

 
I'M BACK, and I bring you an awesome go-to cookie recipe! I cannot take credit for these. My momma made up this recipe. They are buttery sugar cookies with only FIVE ingredients! I just got married a few weeks ago, and we are painting and sprucing up our house. There is stuff EVERYWHERE, and cooking had not been the priority...until last Wednesday. I started thinking about these cookies, and I could. not. stop. I desperately needed to finish painting the base coat in our living room, but I wanted cookies SO much! So I put a stick of butter on the counter, and said that I would make cookies as soon as I finished painting. I painted faster and better than I have ever painted in my whole life! In thirty minutes, I had cookies. YUM.
 
This recipe only makes one batch. In fact, that's what Momma named these cookies - One Batch of Cookies. (She's so creative, isn't she? We also had a cat named "Kitty" when I was little. She blows my mind with her naming skills!) Even though this recipe only makes one batch, it is super easy to double, triple, quadruple, etc, and the cookies are so simple that you can add anything to them you want if you need a change. I've rolled them in cinnamon and sugar before baking, dunked them in powdered sugar after baking, drizzled them with chocolate after baking, added sprinkles before baking, stuffed cream cheese filling between two cookies after baking...the possibilities are endless. Goodness, I'm drooling.  



Step One: Put room temperature butter and sugar in a bowl... 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
...and cream them together. Basically, you "squish" them together...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ...until they are all mixed together like this. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 Step Two: Add one egg, and mix well. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Step Three: Add one vanilla...
 
(I think I should let you know that I spilled some of the vanilla when I measured it...this is more vanilla than the recipe calls for...but extra vanilla never hurt anyone :), right?) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
...and mix well.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Step Four: Add flour... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
...and mix well.
 
(I should let you know that my mother stops at this step to eat some of the cookie dough to "make sure it is ok." I cannot recommend that you eat the raw cookie dough because there is raw egg in it, but if you eat it at your own risk...I can't stop you!) 
 
 
 
 
 
Step Five: Roll dough into about 1 inch balls and place about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
 
(Notice how smooth the cookie dough balls on the right are and how porcupine-like they are on the left. If you are more patient and take the time to put a little flour on your hands, it will cut down the stickiness factor and will make smoother cookie dough balls. I put the pan in the oven just like this...and notice in the next picture that all the cookies look the same.)
 
YUM! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Isn't it beautiful? My mouth is watering. I know how buttery soft and sweet it is...was... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The cookies lasted on this plate only long enough to have a couple of pictures. My husband and I ate the entire batch in a matter of maybe fifteen minutes. I needed these cookies :). Now if you'll excuse me...I'm off to make cookies!
 
CAUTION: Make these simple, perfect cookies...and yours will disappear, too! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Simple, Perfect Cookies
Click here for printable version
1/4 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. self-rising flour
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg

Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg until well combined. Stir in vanilla. Stir in flour. Roll dough into 1” balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this recipe, simple and easy to make... Hope to share it in my blog at http://foodsdecoded.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...